Wednesday, November 5, 2008

kansas sunrise

I had a wild idea this morning--get up early and run to McDonalds to pick up some sausage biscuits for breakfast (trust me, that's about as wild as my ideas get, but we like McDonalds breakfasts occasionally), and on the way home I was enjoying the sunrise so much I stopped and photographed it. That's a Kansas farmstead in the background, along with the ubiquitous telephone poles and an oncoming car with lights on. Oh well, you can still see the glorious colors of the sky and clouds.

I forgot to mention that this past weekend I participated in our town's Main Street holiday shopping kickoff. The Opera House and VAAM Gallery cooperated in a "Festive Holiday Market" featuring several artists' booths in the Opera House annexe and theatre lobby area plus a display of beautiful holiday table settings and other gorgeous decorations in the Opera House ballroom. It was quite well attended and as my booth was right next to the elevator I had a lot of traffic and good sales. One thing I sold was this hat which you may remember from a previous post. The young lady who bought it asked if I could make a scarf in the yarn I used for the stripes, so that's what's currently on my needles. Her sister wants a similar hat with a turquoise stripe so that will be next, followed by some chemo caps for my mother who will be needing them fairly soon. I've got some yummy yarns ordered especially for those caps.


I'm also planning to knit some wool purses to felt. More on that later.

Hope you're having a good Wednesday.

BTW, don't forget to go to yesterday's post which talks about my latest giveaway and send me a comment saying you'd like to be included in the drawing.

3 comments:

CG said...

Beautiful sunrise! Hope you enjoyed the breakfast :)

Yummers! said...

I think the hat and scarf combo is really going to look great!! Be sure to show us the scarf with the hat when you're done

Beautiful photo of a Kansas sunset. And I love McDonalds!! Huge fan! I get on big mac kicks... crave the flavor of the sauce. And my husband's a great chef and I crave McDonalds. OK... Burger King too. I shouldn't get started... the list is long.
~Joni

Julie said...

Your photograph of the sunrise is beautiful.

Congratulations on your sales.