Monday, December 22, 2008

frozen toes

It's cold here. Single digits. Brrr.

There are only three days to Christmas and I can't remember when I've felt less prepared for the holiday. I'm not done shopping, let alone wrapping, and I still don't know what all I'm contributing to Christmas dinner. Could it be that those things aren't as important as I've always thought them? There are 24 hours in each day, but they don't seem to go as far as they used to.

Tomorrow is our company's Christmas potluck and then our plant closes down from 12/24-1/5. I am so looking forward to it, although it is mostly an unpaid time period except for the actual holidays of Christmas and New Year's Day. I don't know if it's the short days or the extreme cold but I've been mightily disinclined to get out of bed with the alarm in the mornings lately.

We did some shopping on Saturday morning (I bought more hollow glass ornaments--I love them although I need another ornament like I need a hole in the head), then attended the wedding of the son of close friends that afternoon/evening. Yesterday was the Christmas brunch at church (lots of fun), then our new pastor and her husband hosted an open house at their new home for the congregation. Add to that continuing wedding plans, and I guess I've been busier than I realized.

I hope you all can take the time during this busy season to slow down and appreciate the beauty of Christmas, and to remember what it's really all about.

4 comments:

CG said...

I always forget how busy this time of year is!! Hope your cope ok. {{HUGS}}

Julie said...

I hope you find some time to relax yourself over the holidays. xx

Genie said...

Happy Holidays Sue,
Take care, Hugs from Jean

Viv said...

How true this is Susan. I too have not spent as much or been inclined to go as 'over the top' as usual.
I LOVE glass ornaments and these snowflakes are real pretty so I'm not surprised you were tempted!

Have a peaceful Christmas and best wishes for 2009 to you and your family.