Friday, January 23, 2009

coming up for air

Between working, wedding preparations, and studio work I haven't had much time to blog lately. However, I did manage to take a few photos of some of my recent jewelry. I always forget it's hard to shoot a good photo in my very pink studio--somehow everything has a rosy cast. Anyway, here they are:

Strands of mixed size and color pearls, with a fine silver and CZ pendant made by me.

This is odds and ends of various green beads with a large fine silver pendant bead I made. Whenever I can string a pendant I made myself along with the beads it makes the finished piece feel more like my own.

A nice dichroic pendant with strands of carnelian, pineapple quartz, and jasper.

This is the necklace I made to wear at Adam & Emily's wedding. Cultured biwa and button pearls in a glowing off-white with tiny crystals strung between.

Tomorrow is my day to work at the VAAM Gallery downtown. I always enjoy a studio day but I've been so busy I haven't any idea what I'll take to work on. Better get to it!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

7 comments:

Viv said...

How beautiful these pieces are Susan. I can't pick a favourite! Have a good weekend!

Julie said...

Beautiful work Susan. Happy weekend. xx

CG said...

each lovelier than the last. but i think my favourite is the green one

Maureen said...

lovely jewellry as usual sue.

Genie said...

Lovely Jewellery Susan
have a great week

Mrs Moog said...

They are all beautiful Susan - I love the one you made for the wedding :-)

xxx

melicia's fiber art and mixed media said...

I especially like the top pearl piece. How beautiful.