Tuesday, February 24, 2009

fat tuesday (mardi gras)


I don't usually pay too much attention to the day before Ash Wednesday, but circumstances alter cases sometimes. In the next couple of days I look forward to taking delivery of the following:
I saw this jacket on ebay and had to have it. $7.99 brand new.

This is my little kiln. The firebox is only 6" square, but that should be fine for PMC and warm glass projects.

In other news, I am currently working with our local hospital's nutritionist to get my weight under control. I see her for a weigh in every other week. She keeps me honest and is a darling person with whom I enjoy talking. I've lost 9 lb. so far.

Fat Tuesday, indeed.

4 comments:

Genie said...

Love the colour of the jacket
cute little kiln. now have i got room for one lol!!
have a great weekend

CG said...

Lovely jacket & congrats on losing 9 lbs :)

Maureen said...

Glad you got your kiln, love the jacket - I'm rooting for you with your weight, get your head positive and you'll do it - I lost 35 lbs nearly two years ago and still feel good.

Kate North said...

Nine pounds is great. Well done, you! And I adore the jacket - what a great buy. When you lose so much weight it no longer fits, you can cut it up for artwork :)