Wednesday, May 13, 2009

this and that

Surprise!! Two posts in two days.

I don't know why this is, but whenever I am of necessity pushing one medium exclusively I get a near overwhelming urge to do another. In this case I've been making a lot of jewelry for my upcoming shows in various places, and I'm DYING to make mixed media. Aaargh! Maybe I'll check out doing some mixed media jewelry and take care of both things at once. It's an idea, anyway.

I wanted to share this photo of our new library stained glass windows, part of the much-needed library renovation and expansion finished recently. Since it isn't my photo I'm posting a link to where it is on twitter http://twitpic.com/53b0l These are in the adult section. The children's section at the other end of the building has its own three wonderful kid-related windows including one of a reading dragon. They're gorgeous.

3 comments:

Debbi Baker said...

That is so funny Susan - I am EXACTLY the same - you can just about guarantee that whatever I need to work on is not what I feel like doing! Great to see you back posting - enjoyed your last posts in my catch-up read!

Stitchety Grub said...

I find it very difficult to stay on track and not get tempted to start new projects ... unfortunately I have so many talented crafty friends ... they tend to lead me astray so I can sympathise with you getting the urge to be side tracked... LOL
Britt in West Australia

Debbi Baker said...

Hey Susan - missing you and wondering whether everything is OK. Hope so, big hugs from Debbi (down under)