Thursday, May 7, 2009

you know it's been a long time since your last post when...

...you have trouble remembering your password.

I am here and all is well. There's a lot going on in our family right now, and life is just very busy. Our second boy, Christopher, will graduate from high school in a little more than a week, so we've been doing graduation parties and receptions for him and other graduates. Also, this week is our city (actually county) celebration of All Schools Day, the 96th annual event. It is a HUGE deal here. Nothing gets done the last 2-3 days of the week except one fun thing after another, including a parade, a carnival with actual big rides and games, concerts, art shows (I'm in 2) and other assorted hilarity.

My brother and his wife from Kansas City will be down for the hoo
pla, and we'll all have dinner together Friday evening. Saturday my mother and I are going on a walking tour of stained glass in the downtown area, including old and new installations. The new library expansion includes 6 huge and wonderful stained glass windows. By the way, for those of you who remember that my mom has been undergoing treatment for breast cancer, she's feeling good and only has 2 more weekly treatments before she's done, hopefully forever. She does appreciate your well wishes. 

I have four, count 'em, FOUR art shows lined up for this summer/fall, including one next month at the Flint Hills Symphony in southeast Kansas, one in September at the Fair on the Square in Lyons, then two in October, the Halstead Fine Arts and Crafts show, and my all-time favorite event, Artful Taste of Autumn. So I'm going to be even more busy. Not to mention, I currently have several mixed media/fibers pieces on exhibit at a local coffee house. Not bad for someone who only makes art in her (precious) spare time.

Since I still do not know what's up with my camera and couldn't even find it last time I went to look for it, I have no pictures of anything I've mentioned in this post. However, I have stolen a photo of the shoes I have on today, which I thought might tickle your fancy. Mine are like these, only lime green. 

4 comments:

Aussie Jo said...

Good to hear from you, you have been busy. I'll be looking forward to seeing all your 'stuff' for those shows

Julie said...

Fun shoes! I'm glad your Mum is nearly at the end of her treatment, I pray that she won't need any more.

Have a great graduation and celebrations :o)

CG said...

How lovely to catch up with you and love to your mom!
The shoes are fab!

Maureen said...

The red spots are great but lime green is really my colour - love them!!