Thursday, August 28, 2008

some results

I decided to try jazzing up my hand dyed silk scarves a bit by stamping them with different motifs, using inks made for stamping on fabric and also Lumiere paint. These scarves are very vivid and the colors are hard to photograph accurately. I stamped just on the ends of the scarves and used the same 3 motifs on each end in approximately the same configuration.


Here's a sun stamped with Lumiere paint in 3 colors. I looked up a tutorial on joggles.com to make sure I was doing things correctly. I'm fairly happy with how these have turned out.

Here is a better photo of the necklace for my 1st blog anniversary giveaway. In addition to being on a more pleasing background, this photo includes the clasp and the PMC ring charm on one of the bead strands. The pearls in this photo appear peach colored but they are really a creamy white.

Speaking of my 1st blog anniversary, the drawing for the necklace will take place tomorrow, so if you want your name in the hat, please go here and follow directions.
Hope you're all having a fabulous Thursday.


3 comments:

Wanda said...

ha ha OK...I agree...the necklace looks better on the "non-red" fabric! It is beautiful! How did your hair come out?

SaraLynn said...

I love the stamped fabric! It is really lovely!

Beautiful necklace!

How are things going??

CG said...

Oh the scarves are "to dye for" LOL.