Yesterday, since Dylan had the day off from school and since I had a personal day from '07 to use or lose, we stayed home by ourselves. Dylan was happy to be in a house free of his older brothers who typically exert a rather damping influence on his activities. I was happy because I had time to PLAY! (OK, I thought I'd clean my bedroom too, but that didn't happen.)
I made a large sheet of fabric paper with muslin as the base, then a layer of tissue paper and strips of fabrics and papers, then a layer of the cheesecloth I dyed forest green the other day. I'm not done with this but it's a good beginning. This will be part of the commissioned piece I'm working on.
I got brave and put a piece of iron-in pellon through my printer (with many thanks to Maggie Grey and k baxter packwood) and achieved the following:
The original photo is of an angel statue in a cemetary. I added stitch and twinkling H2O paints, plus a fiber wrapped bamboo skewer down the side. I don't think she's finished, but we'll see.
This piece was achieved by printing onto the iron-on side of Heat N Bond, then ironing the image onto metal shim. I love the look on her face. I stitched on a strip of hand dyed silk and a sliver of crimped shim that had been heated to give a patina. I think this is COOL!!