Saturday, October 6, 2007

Burning Down Main

McPherson had a chili cookoff contest downtown today. The Gallery at VAAM fielded a team (can you "field" a chili cookoff team?) and our entry was quite popular. Here are photos of gallery members who helped out.

Here is Elizabeth, guarding the pot.







From left to right: Liz, Ann, Jill, and Michaela, spelling out "VAAM" a la "YMCA".















This is Ann, our resident hand weaver, at her loom. Behind her, hanging on the wall, are several of her finished pieces. She's more patient than I am.


It was a fun day, the chili was very good, and lots of people went through The Gallery. When I got home I found a package with the first 10 sets of pearls I purchased on ebay waiting for me. They are just as gorgeous in person!

1 comment:

lv2scpbk said...

I was looking at the YMCA and they got some of their letters messed up. LOL