Sunday, October 21, 2007

Chilly Sunday, soup weather

Autumn is definitely here. The breeze switched around to the north and took on a distinctly chilly nip. My DH manfully climbed a ladder today and patched a few holes in our guttering preparatory to the inevitable fall rains. I spent the day running the washer and dryer nonstop; while waiting between loads I put together more jewelry and listened to a book on tape. I also conducted a PMC firing for a heart-shaped pendant and some bead cones I made to match a pendant I finished earlier.

I made two batches of soup (I love soup in cold weather), one a tex-mex spicy pork and hominy soup, and the other called Cowboy Stew, which involved bacon, stew meat, vegetables, and rather a lot of red cooking wine. It all tastes good and it's mostly nutritious. We can have the leftovers for lunch and supper all week if we want.

2 comments:

CG said...

I love soup too and have made a few batches lately. Mostly I just chuck stuff in a pot and experiment!!

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh a woman after my own heart! I love soup, especially at this time of year. I made a large pan of beef, potato, leek & carrot soup yesterday. It is for hubby's lunchtime snack when he pops home.