Wednesday, June 11, 2008

trauma at the eye doctor

So I went to the eye doctor for a vision test yesterday because, well, the old lenses weren't performing up to snuff anymore. Imagine my chagrin when the doctor (a very nice man, by the way, been a doc for many years so I'm sure he knows what he's talking about) informed me that I've outlived my need for bifocals and now need TRIFOCALS!!! AAAACK! I'm not that old, which apparently has nothing to do with it. So about a week from now I will have new glasses similar to these, at least color and shape-wise, although mine are metal and half-rims. So at least I'll be stylishly trifocaled.


I hope you are all seeing clearly this morning.

7 comments:

CG said...

Funny you should say that!!

I have never deven heard of trifocals. As long as they work for you :)

Maggie Grey said...

Don't panic - they are great for looking at the computer screen through the middle bit. We seem to call them varifocals - do you think it's the same thing?

I got some new ones yesterday - beat you to it.

I'm cooking your pasta thing tonight. Will report back.

Maureen said...

Yes they must be what we call Varifocals, you never know,a whole new world may open up before you !!

Genie said...

Hi Sue, Join the club, Takes a few days to get used to them. but then fine Take care Jean

Stitchety Grub said...

Welcome to my world Susan... I had to get Multifocals (that's what they are called here in West Australia!)back in February (I was 44 at the beginning of April!) :D
I was finding that I couldn't focus properly close up ... distance was still fine ... I wear contact lenses all through the day and change to my glasses in the evenings (Sundays I wear my glasses all day as I don't go out often ..veg out in my studio and the Optician told me I need to let my eyeballs breath!hehe). I am short sighted and have worn glasses since I left Art College when I was 18!

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Susan - and like everyone has said - welcome to the club!! I have had multifocals for the last two years and they made a world of difference! I had been getting so frustrated trying to do close work and having to take my glasses off only to need them two minutes later! I have been a bit behind with my blog-reading so also need to say that it is great to hear about your hubby's job. All your recent posts are very pretty (until of course we get to the snake - yuk!)

Jackie said...

all I can say is persevere with them. They are fantastic. I spent ages with bi focals having a serious problem with 'in-between' distance which included exhibitions. Vari/tri-focals are definitely the answer.