Friday, March 14, 2008

another "what is it" moment

I was playing around with the embellisher last night and did the following, using soy silk roving and a piece of orange Kunin felt backed by heavy pellon:


I put a piece of sheer purple chiffon over the soy silk; the cord is one I made a couple of days ago and is just laid on top for contrast. I have been thinking about making some small items to sell in the VAAM Gallery. Maybe this will turn into bookmarks or somesuch. I'm working my shift at said gallery tomorrow, so I'll probably work on these.

3 comments:

CG said...

Bookmarks is a good idea!!

SaraLynn said...

i love the colors. so beautiful!
Bookmarks would be very nice out of this. You are so creative! I look forward to reading what you have posted everyday ;)

Debbi Baker said...

Love love love the colours in this piece - just glorious. Your cords are great too and I can completely identify with the "making with no immediate purpose" bit - it is the best way to have fun as there is no pressure! Your ddoor photos are terrific - you get such a sense of a place from just doors. Makes me want to run out and start taking pictures but I have ATCs to make...