Friday, March 28, 2008

looking forward to the weekend

I'm back from the big city. It was a whirlwind trip but we managed to get quite a lot done and my brother was feeling better about things by the time we headed home, although he's fairly exhausted. He'll be cleaning and painting this weekend and hopefully over the next week or so will be getting settled enough to begin feeling at home. He's in a cool neighborhood of little shops, restaurants, an outdoor market, and a small park which will make exercising his tiny dog, Squeeky, a little more pleasant for both of them.


I didn't get as many pictures of Kansas City as I would have liked because we were really concentrating on getting as much done as possible, but I did take a few photos which I will post tomorrow. Instead of pictures of KC, then, I will post this one of the results of a button search I went on a couple of days ago, at the local quilt shop and at Wal-Mart. I don't know why I've been interested in buttons lately, but I've managed to find some really cute ones.

I forgot there's some fuzzy ric-rac in there, too. Sorry about the bad focus. I took about 6 shots of this and this is the clearest one. Grrr.

I finished the ATCs I showed earlier but will not post a photo because I want the recipients to be at least a little surprised. The ATCs will go out this weekend.

I promise, promise, promise to clean my icky studio tomorrow. It is horrendous. I will not take a before shot because I am too embarrassed, but I may take an after shot if things look good enough. After seeing Kate's lovely pink studio walls I'm thinking of painting my studio a color (or colors) only I will love. I will definitely keep you posted.

Happy, happy Friday everyone.

5 comments:

CG said...

Go on; do the BEFORE shot of the studio as well!! Your buttons are lovely. I like buttons but don't know what to do with them!

Mrs Moog said...

Pleeeeease do a before shot!!!

Glad your brother's move went well. I love your buttons - those big flowery ones are so cool!

xxx

SaraLynn said...

Glad you are back!
I love the flower buttons..too cute!

Julie said...

Pretty buttons Susan! I'm with the before shot too! lol

Debbi Baker said...

Gorgeous buttons - another thing I can keep an eye out for!! Glad you are back and I'm so glad it is the weekend too.