Thursday, April 10, 2008

rainy day blues

It's one of those days you wish you could just pull the quilt over your head and go back to sleep. However, I have places to go, appointments to keep, and children to feed and see off to school so here I am. }:-P

Not my photo. Comes from here .
A few weeks ago Cathi revealed that her mother would be going through chemotherapy for breast cancer, and that Cathi would be going stateside to visit her parents after her mom's first round of treatment. My own mother and mother-in-law having had bouts with various cancers (both long-term survivors, thankfully), I could sympathize with Cathi's feelings and wanted to send her a little something to bolster her spirits. Since Cathi lives in Ireland and her mom in Oregon, I decided to send it to her mom's address so it could be waiting for Cathi when she got there. She posted yesterday with a photo of the PC, so I can now put it up here without fear of ruining her surprise. I think I posted this earlier in an unfinished state, so here it is in all its glory:

I hope it added some cheer to the time Cathi spent with her folks.

Dylan has discovered origami. Oh dear. We were making (or trying to make) all sorts of folded bits and pieces last night so I didn't get a lot else done, but Dylan was certainly enjoying himself.

Have a great Thursday. Hope it's sunny where you are.

8 comments:

Dianne said...

It is sunny here today! for the first time in a long time.

how sweet to have something lovely waiting for your friend, and it's beautiful. can't help but smile when you look at it.

Clowncar said...

Sadly, it is raining here.

What a nice gift for your friend. And so cool your son is learning origami. My daughter put paper in the insides of her shoes before school this morning. We can't quite figure out why, but she was very happy with the result. Not as creative as origami, but watcha gonna do?

I look forward to seeing more of your artwork.

SaraLynn said...

You are sweet, I am sure Cathi appreciates it :)

We are flooded! It's a rainy, gloomy day here.

CG said...

Sunshine and showers here today...I'm sure that gift made your friend smile :)

Kate said...

How thoughtful of you to be thinking of your friend in the midst of all your troubles. I'm sure she was made up with her lovely p/c. I'm glad you're feeling more okay about everything. God never just dumps us - there's always something. Although sometimes we have to wait for it! (hehe) Have a great day xx

Julie said...

We've had lovely sunshine and big fluffy clouds today :)
Lovely heart hug card you made for Cathi.

Genie said...

Lovely Work, Thanks for visiting my blog, The marbling is from an earlier post on ideas but one i had not tried, so just a shallow dish of water, olive oil and ink, mainly acrylic perlescent that i had left over. The weather here was sunny but cold, Frosty here this morning, have a good day.

Mrs Moog said...

That was so kind to send something to greet Cathi. Thoughtful gestures like yours really help at such difficult times.

We've got April showers here today!
xx