Wednesday, February 6, 2008

big boo-boo

A word to the wise--don't slip on the ice when you're 47 years old and out of shape. Or in shape, for that matter. That is exactly what I did yesterday on the sidewalk immediately outside my office. My legs went right out from under me with my left leg trying to do the splits. I am pretty sure I've strained or pulled my hamstring because my symptoms line up with what I've been able to research. Ow, ow, ow. I can't sit up properly, can't put on my own socks and shoes (never mind pants) and am generally miserable. Needless to say I am at home today. Thank goodness for worker's comp and helpful co-workers who have been helpful and sympathetic. It is still very icy outside and I am not going out when it is still so treacherous. The doctor cannot see me until Friday morning anyway, which may be all to the good.

I hope I can find something arty to do in a semi-reclining position. Otherwise I'll be confined to crossword puzzles and my latest Peter Tremayne mystery. My kids are all home (school closed for weather) so they are being helpful, bringing tea and ice packs, etc. Any available sympathy would be appreciated!

3 comments:

CG said...

OUCH you POOR thing!! I hope you feel better soon {{HUGS}}

CG said...

OUCH you POOR thing!! I hope you feel better soon {{HUGS}}

Mrs Moog said...

What a horrible thing to happen! I hope you feel better very soon.

It sounds like the ideal time for some handstitching or crochet to me :)

xxx