Friday, February 1, 2008

changes and an exciting opportunity

I've been fiddling around with my header. I thought it was time to use some of my own work instead of something generic. This piece actually hangs the long way, but I love the colors even sideways. Let me know what you think.


I was alerted to an amazing opportunity by Julie involving trading ATCs or artist's postcards with Susan Lenz at Cyber Fyber. Susan has graciously agreed to trade one of my postcards for this lovely little gem:



Again, the colors grab me. I'm such a sucker for this combination. Anyway, the most magnificent thing about this trade is that my piece, along with all the others Susan receives in trade, will be put into an exhibition in January 2009 at Gallery 80808/Vista Studios in Columbia, SC! If I were you, fiber artists who read this blog (and you know who you are) I would be getting in on this! Some high profile fiber artists (read Dale Rollerson, Beate Knapp, Arlee Barr and others) are involved. Go to Cyber Fyber linked above and check it out.

4 comments:

CG said...

Love the new header! and great news about your cards :)

Unknown said...

Sweet Sue:
Your blog looks....and sounds....so good! You're as much a wordsmith as an artist...I love it....and you!
Great news about the postcard exchange....who knows what door(s) may be opening! :)
Mom

Unknown said...

Sweet Sue:
Your blog looks....and sounds....so good! You're as much a wordsmith as an artist...I love it....and you!
Great news about the postcard exchange....who knows what door(s) may be opening! :)
Mom

Julie said...

I love the new header Susan! Thank you to for the link back to me. How thick am I? I didn't realise that the ATC I am trading with Susan Lenz will go on display next year! How wild is that?! :) You have chosen a beautiful postcard.