Tuesday, February 12, 2008

snowing AGAIN


Yes indeed, Mother Nature is visiting us once again this morning with an unforecast snowfall. After my experience last week I'm a bit leery to say the least. BTW, the photo above is from a clipart program and not, alas, my own.


Dylan had a very nice birthday and is quite proud of being 8 years old. Thanks for your birthday wishes to him.


Over on Jules' blog she has posted six personal quirks and encourages other bloggers to do the same, so here goes:


1) I'm a compulsive reader. Cereal boxes at the breakfast table, etc. It really is an illness.


2) If I know the library is going to be shut, like for a holiday or if the weather is horrible, I mentally take stock of whether I have enough reading material to see me through. I can't stand the idea of being caught short. See item #1 above.


3) I am totally seduced by color. Certain colors or color combinations can literally make my mouth water. I cannot be trusted to make a rational decision about a purchase if there is lovely color involved. Not so bad when you're buying a dress; somewhat more serious when you're purchasing a car.


4) I'm terrible with finances, which is a pity since I'm the one in charge of the checkbook. I really have to work at it and admire those who seem to find it not only easy, but fun. Ick.


5) My favorite numbers are 5, 3, 7, in that order. I don't know why, but 5 just feels right to me.


6) I never keep the same hairstyle for very long. It's probably a boredom issue. Sometimes this applies to haircolor as well.
I could go on but I'm supposed to stop at six, and anyway I don't want you all to think I'm a total weirdo.
On the crafting front, I am just about ready to purchase a felting adapter for an old sewing machine. I want to have a felting machine but just cannot swallow the price. I've researched these and they seem to be a reasonable alternative. I'll let you know how it goes.
Hope it's a sunny day where you are!

1 comment:

CG said...

You are not just quirky but lovely too :)

I'm the same about colour - especially blue. I am seduced by blues.